Hello everyone, I have applied Early Action to Northeastern and I am curious as to what all of you think my chances may be. I realize the school is reach but I'm unsure if there's any likelihood of acceptance. My plan is to enroll through the NU.In program with a major in International Business/French... Here are my stats:
Course Rigor: Classes have become more difficult each year, with an upward trend in grades. I will have taken 4 AP's and 3 honors classes out of all 4 years by the end of this year.
- Various events at my local church. (Throughout the 4 years)
- Traveled to Bolivia for two weeks to learn about culture and help impoverished communities on the outskirts of La Paz. (Summer going into senior year)
- Ski instructor at a nearby resort (11th grade)
- French Club (11th)
- Year Photographer (10th)
- Soccer [Freshman, JV, and Varsity] (played all 4 years)
- DECA (11th)
- Junior Achievement (11th)
- Part of my high school's NHS chapter (11th-12th)
Essay: About my love for the French language and how it has become a major part of me and my life and I desire to major in it.
My major concerns are my gpa and sat (I know they're the most important), but I'm hoping that I will be a great fit for the Nu.In program and have some shot at acceptance that way. Additioanlly, my major ties in very closely with what I wrote about in my essay with traveling and French.