Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Northeastern Transfer Thread - Fall 2018

Replies to: Northeastern Transfer Thread - Fall 2018

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 13,509 Senior Member
    If you have completed fewer than 24 credits by the application deadline Northeastern will look at your high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores. A 3.3 college GPA is about the minimum required per the website.
  • pink418pink418 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    @mag3646 The application deadline is April 1st
  • fingercrossedfingercrossed Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when the school release its decision?
    And is there any one applying to Northeastern - Bouve college of health science
  • FudgerinoFudgerino Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    edited February 8
    @fingercrossed On the email it says we'll get our decisions by the 1st of June
    @fingercrossed After looking at old threads, they start to release decisions around the end of April, usually on a Friday, between 4-5pm EST, in waves. (This is my dream school so I've kinda stalked previous transfer threads) They try to accept as many as possible before releasing denials. We have to get the decision by June 1st for deposit deadlines
  • fingercrossedfingercrossed Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    @pink418 @Fudgerino thank you two a lot. I
    Does anyone know which criterion NEU focus on most for transfer admission?
  • ewang97ewang97 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 10
    What are the chances with a 3.1 gpa ..? It's the gpa after first semester of sophomore year
  • TransferFall2018TransferFall2018 Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    edited February 13
    Are there special math requirements to transfer to NU? Just got denied to a school for not taking Algebra II//Trigonometry/Calculus yet. Didn't find anything on NU's website regarding it or the school I was rejected from.
    @TransferFall2018 look at their undergrad admission requirements. You have to meet those in order for them to admit you as a transfer student. They would like to see calculus whether you took it in HS or college
    @ewang97 They do look at HS gpa and extracurricular as well as internships and jobs but both BU and Northeastern say 3.3+ college gpa gets you in the transfer pool
  • TheLastofUs9TheLastofUs9 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Hey all! Happy to join the bandwagon and spend the next few months talking with you all.Does anybody know if Northeastern does rolling decisions? Does it change anything if I send my app now instead of say, 15/25 days down the line?
  • Alex301Alex301 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm applying as incoming sophomore (currently freshman). For the GPA, do BU and Northeastern average first semester (3.2) and second-semester mid-term gpa? That'd be the only way to go above 3.3
  • koreanincalikoreanincali Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    @Alex301 I believe it's only first semester and then they ask for your second semester midterm grades later on
  • TheLastofUs9TheLastofUs9 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    I don't think they will ask midterm grades. Usually it is stated on their website if they ask midterm grades. I guess that with special cases some candidates would receive that request if they were torn between admitting him or not
  • JoeDangitJoeDangit Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    I've submitted my application. Good luck everybody. Fingers crossed.

I'll see you all on the other side, yeah?