right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How good does having a job look for college?

SrochesterSrochester 6 replies7 threadsRegistered User New Member
I have just been hired for a job at a local ice cream shop and have been working there for about a month. I am a rising senior and will be applying to college soon and was wondering how good this job would really look on my resume... (I'm honestly working more for the money but I was curious). Would this boost my application a lot? Even though I would only have worked a few months when I apply? Any insight would be great. Thank you!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How good does having a job look for college?

• austinmshauriaustinmshauri 8938 replies334 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Jobs are a nice EC but I don't think having one will have any effect on your admission decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 29423 replies58 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    For most applicants, it has the same effect as any extracurricular activity. In fact, it’s pretty much expected that students work a bit for pocket money to avoid looking like “silver spoon” kids, even if they are. So it’s a good thing you have a job.

If you are in a low income family, it is a very good thing to be working Most financial aid packages include a student contribution with the expectation that the student is working and earning money towards college costs
    · Reply · Share