Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which is better option for Civil Eng Co-op at NEU?

kansascity53kansascity53 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
edited June 2009 in Northeastern University
I see that there are two paths for Civil Engineering Co-op at Northeastern in their Civil Engineering program. The first path is to do your co-op during Summer 2 and Fall sessions. The second option is do your co-op during Spring and Summer 1 sessions.

Is there any advantage to either option (i.e. better opportunities, less stressfull course load, etc.)?
Post edited by kansascity53 on

Replies to: Which is better option for Civil Eng Co-op at NEU?

• RedSox2007RedSox2007 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    You will be assigned to a division, you don't get to pick. The whole school is actually split into two divisions so that not everybody is applying for the same jobs. I will be doing coop during summer II and fall and prefer this setup compared to the other. I like this one because senior year, we only have one semester of class (coop in fall, class in spring, graduate) whereas the other seniors are going to have class in fall, spring, and then graduate. I also feel like we have more nice weather to enjoy (July, August, Sept, and half of Oct) whereas the other division really only has half of April, May, and June of nice weather. Course load should be the same, no special opportunities, etc.
  • swimchrisswimchris Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    It may be different in Arts and Science, but you get assigned to a track. This can be overridden by your co op adviser or your academic adviser if you stop by and see them. I know poly sci kids do it all the time because one of the cycles is better than the other
This discussion has been closed.