Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Need Urgent Help :(

WanToBeABrownieWanToBeABrownie Registered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Northeastern University
I am an Indian currently studying in an Indian ( CBSE curriculum School) School .

My Stats :-

Grade 9 - 76.5 %

Grade 10 [ CBSE Board Exam ] - 78 %

Grade 11 [ I know this is too low , but I just screwed up] - 59 %

Grade 12 - I am in grade 12 now

SAT 1 - 2030
Maths - 700
CR - 700
CW - 630

E.C.'s - School teams - Table Tennis , Soccer , and Swimming.[2 Years]
2) All other are average and some are just participation certificates

3) I am not applying for financial aid

I Plan to do Mechanical Engineering

Chance me For Northeastern

How do i make my application stronger ?

Please Help me out ..
Post edited by WanToBeABrownie on

Replies to: Need Urgent Help :(

• NortheasternkidNortheasternkid Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Northeastern looks more at GPA rather than SAT's, although both are VERY important. Your GPA for sure will hurt you. I don't think you're going to get in. Also keep in mind, I know this years entering class is the best prepared in the history of the school and they said this last year to my class as well. Stats wise this school gets better every year so its going to be that much harder.
  • MauraMaura Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I would definitely look at other schools... I seriously doubt that you would be admitted, especially for the engineering program, considering that it is thought to be one of the more rigorous majors here. At the risk of sounding blunt, your junior gpa is a HUGE red flag, and any admissions officer is going to have extreme reservations about your ability to do well here- despite a decent SAT score. Not to mention, international applicants are typically held to a higher standard than US applicants, and your stats wouldn't even be considered to be competitive in the regular domestic applicant pool.
  • jellxtoxthexojellxtoxthexo Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    I'd say your only chance of getting in is to do EXTREMELY well in the 12th grade, I'm talking 99-100 GPA, and write a college essay explaining why you did poorly the other three years. I'd still apply, as a reach, but it sounds like a CC might be your best bet at this point, then perhaps you can transfer to NEU if your grades go up. NEU is one of the top transfer schools!
  • superstar12superstar12 Registered User Posts: 247 Junior Member
    Hey man just to give your self somewhat of a guage as to how hard it will be to get in heres a bit of info. I was an applicant this year as a transfer student from BU and i applied to WPI, BC, RPI, and Northeastern. I had a 3.2 my freshman year and i had 3.4 coming out of high school with around the same SAT's as you. I was accepted to all and was denied for NEU's engineering program. Your junior year is a serious red flag for any top schools
This discussion has been closed.