Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Northeastern Vs Boston College Vs Brandeis

SimpleJackSimpleJack Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Northeastern University
hey guys i am looking into undergrad business schools for next year and will be applying to these three schools most likely as my top choices and were recommended by my guidance counselor. I Visited all three and loved them, very different vibes. I love the coop program which attracted me to Northeastern. My question is how do the business prgrams stack up to each other. I know that the Brandeis program will be fairly new starting i believe this year. Thanks in advance
Post edited by SimpleJack on

Replies to: Northeastern Vs Boston College Vs Brandeis

• SimpleJackSimpleJack Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    nobody??? anybody??
  • NortheasternkidNortheasternkid Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    BC has a very well regarded business school especially in the Boston vicinity. Northeastern also has a strong business and international business programs which are ranked favorably. Its tough to say and I think the decision would come down to a matter of fit. I am not too familiar with the Brandeis business program but the school itself is very good and underrated in my opinion just like Northeastern ; )
  • RatedPGRatedPG Registered User Posts: 1,079 Senior Member
    BC and NEU, both well regarded for business. Brandeis, mainly regarded as a liberal arts, political science school.

It will come down to your desire for coop and your fit with each program/campus, which are light years apart when speaking of NEU and BC.
  • ebeeeeeebeeeee Registered User Posts: 5,199 Senior Member
    If you are looking at Business I would also throw Babson into the mix.
  • SimpleJackSimpleJack Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I looked into Babson and its too business oriented and almost gave off the vibe of a country club. BC, NEU, and Brandeis can offer me other options because I am not 100% sure if I want to do business yet.
  • RedSox2007RedSox2007 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    Two of my good business friends from home go to NYU and McGill which both have very good business schools. I just got back from Canada visitng my friend at McGill because he is taking summer classes now because he couldnt get a summer job. BOTH friends got into Northeastern and are regretting not going because my business friends at school are at state street, Goldman, Merryl and they are taking classes/playing video games because neither of them could get jobs.

True this is only a summer job, but how different is a full time job when you graduate? My Northeastern friends already know important people at these companies who can either rehire them upon graduation or make really good recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.