Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

"Brothel Law"

2»

Replies to: "Brothel Law"

• arbiter213arbiter213 Registered User Posts: 3,572 Senior Member
  • jrparjrpar Registered User Posts: 2,135 Senior Member
    That is great news arbiter. Kudos to President Schapiro for getting directly involved with this important issue.
  • momof3sonsmomof3sons Registered User Posts: 5,116 Senior Member
    That's quite different. Never mind.
  • siemprecuriosasiemprecuriosa Registered User Posts: 503 Member
    Now they're trying to claim they never intended to step up enforcement? How stupid do they think we are? As the article points out, at the meeting last night, the town official came right out and SAID that they were planning to up enforcement. Now they're trying to make it look like we went all crazy over nothing. I'm glad that they're not going to go through with it, but the fact that they're making out like we reported the facts wrong and then blew up over nothing irritates me.

I'm glad Morty stepped up to the plate and stood up for the students (and to get it done in one meeting, only one day after the blow-up, having just come back from an out-of-state trip, wow. THAT is a pretty darn awesome president). But I still can't believe the comments that Betsi Burns woman made originally. Honestly, she should be fired. She obviously doesn't have the interests of the students or of NU as a whole at heart (and enforcement of this law would have been catastrophic for NU as a whole). I'm glad Morty stepped up, but it shouldn't have taken the huge reaction from the student body to get the administration to defend us. It's like they only switched tactics because they knew they'd have a mutiny on their hands if they didn't. I have the feeling that if they could have gotten away with letting Evanston screw us over, they would have done it. That bothers me.
  • aabbcc1789aabbcc1789 - Posts: 931 Member
    props to morty.
  • PerididdlePerididdle Registered User Posts: 223 Junior Member
    siemprecuriosa - NVM this, Burns is still in place but there will be a new VP of student affairs. But, yeah - as a student, I was upset with Evanston, but flabbergasted at some of the things Burns said.

Morty, meanwhile, is such a boss.
This discussion has been closed.