Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Northwestern essay prompt?

hrk9090hrk9090 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited June 2012 in Northwestern University
Hi!

I am going to apply to Northwestern this fall.
I was wondering if Northwestern has any other essay prompt other than the "unique quality about Northwestern" question.
Someone told me that there is an additional essay question, which the university chooses differently every year, but I cannot find any information about it.
Post edited by hrk9090 on

Replies to: Northwestern essay prompt?

• CentralFCCentralFC Registered User Posts: 412 Member
    It's pretty much the same. They may change it this year, but they've asked consistently what special attributes that Northwestern, and the specific college you're applying to, have that makes it your top choice.
  • lagunallagunal Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    there was an optional essay prompt last year.

This was what was printed on last year's supplement:

Northwestern Statement (required)
    What are the unique qualities of Northwestern—and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying—that make you want
    to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

Statement on Research (optional)
    If you have done research or independent study outside of school, please include an abstract or summary of your work on a separate sheet.
This discussion has been closed.