Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me please

physicslover948physicslover948 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited June 2012 in Northwestern University
Hello,

I am a rising senior. I was wondering if someone could chance me.

ACT superscore: 35
SAT II: 800 Math II 800 Chem 800 Physics
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.3 weighted
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school not ranking. probably Top 5%
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): USAPhO SemiFinalist, AIME Qualifier 2x, DECA state finalist, possible National Merit finalist, several state and regional math and science competition awards.
Volunteering Hours: ~200

what is my chance for ED/RD?
Post edited by physicslover948 on

Replies to: Chance me please

• PieceofToastPieceofToast Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    Where are your extracurriculars? That's going to be something of a problem. They have a ton of applications, and it might be difficult to catch admissions' eyes. If your volunteering is with a specific program that you've really stuck with for the past few years, definitely emphasize that.

On the other hand, your GPA and test scores are ridiculous, so that might stand out if you go Early Decision. I don't see anything that's super passionate right now, but it could be because the description's so short. I can't describe how much anyone who's remotely involved with the college process banged 'passion' into my head. Blerg.
This discussion has been closed.