Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

should I take the February SAT?

Heather29Heather29 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
I am applying to Northwestern and I took the ACT last April. My composite score is a 30- English-34, Reading-31, Science-30, math-25. I want to major in economics and I know that my math score is very low. I don't think I could do much better in the other categories, my score might even go down, but I did not manage my time wisely when taking the math portion, so I believe I can do better. Is it important to raise my math score? If so, should I take the SAT or just an SAT subject test in math?

Replies to: should I take the February SAT?

• HeisenbergykHeisenbergyk Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
    30 tends to be on the low side for NU. If you think you could take the SAT and get a significantly better score than on the ACT I would try to do that. If not, a Math subject test would probably be best to show your more proficient in it than your ACT suggests. If math was your only problem on the ACT then I would just stick with the subject test because the SAT has sort of a learning curve since it's a different format than the ACT.
This discussion has been closed.