Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Chance me please! (ED)

seahawksjoeseahawksjoe Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Hey guys! So, right now, I'm a sophomore in high school, but I have already decided that when it's time for me to apply for college, I want to go to Northwestern and become a Wildcat.

I am very passionate about the school, as it's been my dream to go to NU for awhile already. I know it's a little early for me to be so concerned about college, but I just know that this is what I truly want, thus why I will be EDing when I apply in a couple years.

SAT: 2250 (780 Math, 750 Critical Reading, 720 Writing)
GPA: 3.72 UW, 4.55 W
ACT: 32
SAT II: Still have to take

I go to a competitive, small private school in New Jersey.

I also plan on visiting NU next year probably. I am also very active in my community; I'm part of a program that teaches underprivileged and disabled children about the basics of sports. I am also a Dale Carnegie graduate, and now a coach for other teens who attend the program. I also tutor, mostly in mathematics.

My course load is as tough and challenging as I am able to. My school uses block scheduling, so I take take out my electives and double up on math courses every year, and will be taking almost all AP classes starting next year. I will be taking classes like APUSH, AP Lit/Lang, Bio, Micro/Macro and Physics 1.

What I'm hoping sets me apart is the math courses I take. I am going to have gone the furthest into math in my schools history when I graduate. As a freshman I did Honors Algebra II/Trig. As a sophomore, I'm doing Honors Precalc and Honors Calc. As a junior I will be doing AP Calc II and III. As a senior, I will be taking linear algebra, differential equations, and Honors Prob and Stat.

What would be my chances of getting into Northwestern ED with these test scores and classes. I am so passionate about the school, and it is totally my dream school, so I am confident I can have a stellar "Why Northwestern" essay.

Thanks everyone!

Replies to: Chance me please! (ED)

This discussion has been closed.