Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

NORTHWESTERN Transfer

dullbddullbd Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
Hello,

I am currently a sophomore at DePaul University majoring in computer science. I would like to transfer to Northwestern next year to finish my junior and senior year. I want to be in their computer science program in the arts and sciences college. However, I got a 26 on my ACT when I took it my junior year. I was wondering how this will affect my chances of getting in? I had a rough first quarter at DePaul but ever since then I have gotten straight A's and I am in the honors college. I have also done a lot of activities that could help me get in. But, does anyone know how this 26 will be viewed by Northwestern? Should I retake the ACT as a college sophomore??

Thanks!

Replies to: NORTHWESTERN Transfer

• SeinfeldFan1SeinfeldFan1 Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    Hi,
    What are your grades. I wouldn't retake, especially with a solid GPA, but others may disagree with me. If you are applying as a junior, I do not believe test scores will be weighed much.