I told myself I was never going to do one of these, and logically I know they're totally meaningless. But college apps are due in a week and I'm weak, so here we are.
UW GPA: 3.9
W GPA: 4.51
ACT: 33 (36 E, 36 R, 30 S, 29 M)
APs: APUSH (5), AP Calc AB (5), AP Lang (5)
Senior year course load: 3 APs (one's online), 2 highly intensive honors, journalism (I lead the class b/c I'm on the editorial board) and one blow off class haha
I go to a tiny secular all-girls school in SoCal that's very competitive. My class has about 75 students, and there's no ranking, but I do know that the top GPA is something like 4.6-4.7. I would say I'm most likely in the top 7.
- 4 years of acting in school productions
- 4 years of assistant directing middle school productions (my school is 6th-12th)
- managing/news and features editor at school paper (our last EIC went to NU so there's a fun fact)
- VP and founding member of school's MUN club (me and two other girls singlehandedly got this off the ground at our school)
- year-round job on weekends at my Jewish community center (4 years of that and now I'm one of 2 bosses for the teen work program)
- 3 years as a tutor for a literacy organization with a chapter at my old title 1 elementary school
- did a year round internship/ambassador program with a big local theater company last year
- interned at a New York casting agency this summer
- founding member of local High School Democrats chapter (12th grade only)
- there might be more but I haven't totally decided what I'm reporting
- national merit commendation
- AP scholar
- 2 years of silver on the National Spanish Exam and a year of bronze
- NU has been my dream school since 9th grade
- obviously I'm applying ED
- I don't feel comfortable divulging financial information at this point. it's complicated.
- I think my personal statement is pretty unique and true to my personality, but who knows? It's not written in that 'describe the moment' style that many seem to like.
- I think my love for NU really shows in my supplement. I hope they do too.
- I'm interested in a double major in communications studies and political science
- demographically, nothing interesting — white girl from a highly represented area and no legacy or anything like that.