Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

chance for ED?

jezreaderjezreader Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
I told myself I was never going to do one of these, and logically I know they're totally meaningless. But college apps are due in a week and I'm weak, so here we are.

UW GPA: 3.9
W GPA: 4.51
ACT: 33 (36 E, 36 R, 30 S, 29 M)
APs: APUSH (5), AP Calc AB (5), AP Lang (5)
Senior year course load: 3 APs (one's online), 2 highly intensive honors, journalism (I lead the class b/c I'm on the editorial board) and one blow off class haha
I go to a tiny secular all-girls school in SoCal that's very competitive. My class has about 75 students, and there's no ranking, but I do know that the top GPA is something like 4.6-4.7. I would say I'm most likely in the top 7.

Extracurriculars:
- 4 years of acting in school productions
- 4 years of assistant directing middle school productions (my school is 6th-12th)
- managing/news and features editor at school paper (our last EIC went to NU so there's a fun fact)
- VP and founding member of school's MUN club (me and two other girls singlehandedly got this off the ground at our school)
- year-round job on weekends at my Jewish community center (4 years of that and now I'm one of 2 bosses for the teen work program)
- 3 years as a tutor for a literacy organization with a chapter at my old title 1 elementary school
- did a year round internship/ambassador program with a big local theater company last year
- interned at a New York casting agency this summer
- founding member of local High School Democrats chapter (12th grade only)
- there might be more but I haven't totally decided what I'm reporting

Awards:
- national merit commendation
- AP scholar
- 2 years of silver on the National Spanish Exam and a year of bronze

Application:
- NU has been my dream school since 9th grade
- obviously I'm applying ED
- I don't feel comfortable divulging financial information at this point. it's complicated.
- I think my personal statement is pretty unique and true to my personality, but who knows? It's not written in that 'describe the moment' style that many seem to like.
- I think my love for NU really shows in my supplement. I hope they do too.
- I'm interested in a double major in communications studies and political science
- demographically, nothing interesting — white girl from a highly represented area and no legacy or anything like that.

Replies to: chance for ED?