Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances at NU

perspectivestudeperspectivestude Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
If I apply ED, what do you think my chances would be? I'm a junior from a competitive public school in Virginia. My grades are above the average for the accepted students in prior years at NU. I'm around top 10% unweighted in my class, but class doesn't rank. I take all of the hardest classes and both of my parents attended. I have also scored a 35 on the ACT. I have shown a lot of interest with tours. Thanks!

Replies to: Chances at NU

• voltthornvoltthorn Registered User Posts: 228 Junior Member
    I think you've got a good chance. NU loves diversity, so make sure your essay really stands out and I think you have a great shot. NU's ED acceptance rate is also much higher, so that should work in your favor. What is your major?
  • perspectivestudeperspectivestude Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Thanks for your time. I was thinking about applying undecided to Weinberg college of arts and sciences. I'm not really positive what I want to study yet.
  • soontobecollegersoontobecolleger Registered User Posts: 588 Member
    I think you have a really good shot... is there any particular major that you think could be interesting? I think applying with a rare major helped my chances a bit, and you don't actually choose your major until some point during your first two years, so it's not binding.
  • perspectivestudeperspectivestude Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    I might apply undecided or economics. Not entirely sure yet.
This discussion has been closed.