right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Thursday, June 11 at 7pm ET to hear from students on how COVID-19 impacted their college plans and current on-campus experiences. Zai, Ethan, and Rohan will share information about their college and application experiences. REGISTER NOW!
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chances at NU

perspectivestudeperspectivestude 150 replies44 threads Junior Member
If I apply ED, what do you think my chances would be? I'm a junior from a competitive public school in Virginia. My grades are above the average for the accepted students in prior years at NU. I'm around top 10% unweighted in my class, but class doesn't rank. I take all of the hardest classes and both of my parents attended. I have also scored a 35 on the ACT. I have shown a lot of interest with tours. Thanks!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances at NU

• voltthornvoltthorn 222 replies6 threads Junior Member
    I think you've got a good chance. NU loves diversity, so make sure your essay really stands out and I think you have a great shot. NU's ED acceptance rate is also much higher, so that should work in your favor. What is your major?
    · Reply · Share
  • perspectivestudeperspectivestude 150 replies44 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for your time. I was thinking about applying undecided to Weinberg college of arts and sciences. I'm not really positive what I want to study yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • soontobecollegersoontobecolleger 539 replies49 threads Member
    I think you have a really good shot... is there any particular major that you think could be interesting? I think applying with a rare major helped my chances a bit, and you don't actually choose your major until some point during your first two years, so it's not binding.
    · Reply · Share
  • perspectivestudeperspectivestude 150 replies44 threads Junior Member
    I might apply undecided or economics. Not entirely sure yet.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity