I'm a current junior thinking of applying ED to NU, but I'm not sure if I should even try (given my poor GPA). Also considering ED to Cornell, Dartmouth, Vanderbilt, WashU, Northeastern, Wesleyan - help me decide which would be the best fit?
School: Highly Competitive Public in NJ
GPA: 3.7-3.8 UW, 4.3 W (Bad I know, but school is hard) - strong upward trend
PSAT: 1510 - probably will be national merit semifinalist based on past predictions
ACT: 35 composite (36,36,35,34)
Coursework: H/AP track (most difficult) throughout HS, will graduate having taken 9 AP exams with 8 classes
Awards: Prez volunteer gold medal, National Latin Exam Gold Medal, a bunch of regional/state awards in sports, National Qualifier in Speech and Debate, NHS, probably national merit semifinalist, honor roll
- Varsity sport 4 years (captain senior year) - strong program that consistently won, named MVP, named to All-Scholastic teams (academic and athletic excellence)
- Speech and debate - nationally ranked, national qualifier
- Teaching Assistant at language school for 4 years
- Self-started tutoring business - make bank
- Interned at a research hospital for a summer
- Coach students in S&D
- Organized town-wide events for various community organizations
- Helped immigrants with learning english, immigration process for one summer
I'm a strong writer and feel like I can write strong essays. With the short time i have left ,what are some things i can do to boost my application?