right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Northwestern Transfer Applicants Fall 2019

Replies to: Northwestern Transfer Applicants Fall 2019

• brandonbkobrandonbko 38 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Does anyone else have trouble putting paragraph breaks in their common app
    · Reply · Share
  • genedorbustgenedorbust 71 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    @brandonbko

i think everyone does. i can only imagine the nightmare for adcoms but it seems the reality is they won't see your essays split into paragraphs.
    · Reply · Share
  • brandonbkobrandonbko 38 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    does anyone's portal say Logins to this account have been temporarily blocked?
    · Reply · Share
  • AyeitsethoAyeitsetho 18 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    @brandonbko my portal does not display that message. Does anybody know when we should be expecting admissions decisions?

Also, my "stats" are:
    I'm applying as a ChemE in McCormick
    I go to a community college in Illinois.
    My GPA is 3.87(two B's; one in speech -bad teacher- and one in organic chem 1)
    Co-captain of Speech and Debate Team
    President of Sustainability Club
    Established honeybee hive scholarship
    Worked a ton ever since I was sixteen
    Member of Phi Theta Kappa and Honors Program
    Doing research with faculty now.
    · Reply · Share
  • sstayingpositivesstayingpositive 63 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    There is nothing I can say except Northwestern has been my dream school since I was four years old. I ED'd last year, and here's round two. I just hope and pray that it works out. I feel immense anxiety with every passing day.
    · Reply · Share
  • Jbob1946Jbob1946 25 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    Heyo good luck to anyone applying, hope we're all lucky enough to find ourselves in Evanston next fall
    · Reply · Share
  • nu12345nu12345 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi - does anyone know if this question from Common App is required for NU - Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences.
    · Reply · Share
  • usernameunknownusernameunknown 6 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Currently applying as a junior

GPA - 3.576 ( mainly due to the first semester, I was in the hospital in and out and had major stress)
    SAT - waiting for scores hopefully 1400 cause Idk march sat was atrocious.
    ECs - electronic music, self-taught piano compositions, self-taught guitar, tabla drums, all for over 7 - 9 years. BMI, photography for the last few years.
    honors - National society of collegiate scholars, honors scholars program, deans list for 2 consecutive years.
    LORs - very strong I have a professor whose class I worked very hard in, which she knows. I got a 43 on one of the tests genuinely because I had trouble with the curriculum, and so I worked hard to get every other section of the grade near perfect and ended up with an A- (couldn't do anything about it).
    essays - talked about my OCD and how it messed with my academic history and how I overcame it, I talked about why I want northwestern and what I plan to do to contribute to them.

· Reply · Share
  • TheEpic2401ManTheEpic2401Man 146 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Do you guys know if Northwestern needs the why transfer essay? Because it shows the freshman college app prompts in the common app.
    · Reply · Share
  • northwestern30northwestern30 77 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    @TheEpic2401Man no, it's the same essay as high school common app
    · Reply · Share
  • ivyleveredivylevered 10 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey all, I'm applying to NU Econ as a junior year transfer. I am coming from a university in the USNews T50, but my school does not have a strong network in the field I want to work in.

Stats:
    Ethnicity/Gender: African American Male, First Generation
    GPA: 4.0
    SAT: 1450
    ACT: 35
    Credits Completed: 47, 15 in progress

EC's:
    -President of two clubs, one is a social impact club and the other is an investment fund where I am the Chief Investment Officer, promoted after 2 semesters of success in my role as PM
    -Mentor at my former high school

Work Exp:
    -Summer internship at a bulge bracket bank in private wealth management last summer
    -Summer analyst at a bulge bracket bank in investment banking this summer (GS/MS/JPM)
    -Part time SDE intern for a startup that has gotten quite a bit of success and has been featured on a lot of popular tech articles this year (techcrunch, venturebeat, google ventures, etc)

Letters of Rec:
    -Econ professor
    -Former boss,
    -Accounting prof

I'm applying to UVA McIntire, Georgetown McDonough, NYU Stern, Princeton, Duke, Dartmouth, Columbia, Cornell AEM, and Berkeley Haas!
    · Reply · Share
  • northwestern30northwestern30 77 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    edited March 15
    does anyone know if/when we get a specific portal for NU?
    edited March 15
    · Reply · Share
  • AshtashAshtash 635 replies26 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 661 Member
    @northwestern30 I got mine on 3/15. I'm assuming you received yours by now...
    · Reply · Share
  • AyeitsethoAyeitsetho 18 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Check your email for a confirmation of your application to Northwestern. In the email, it should have a link to your application portal.
    · Reply · Share
  • qwertyu123qwertyu123 21 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    Does anyone's portal show the materials are all received? I submitted my high school and college transcript a month ago, but they are still shown as "awaiting" on the portal.
    · Reply · Share