right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

NBA reporter transferring to Northwestern

2»

Replies to: NBA reporter transferring to Northwestern

• FCBarca10FCBarca10 43 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @Mwfan1921 Thank you for that. I'll check it out and see what the net costs comes down to.
    · Reply · Share
  • FCBarca10FCBarca10 43 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Anymore insight? *bump
    · Reply · Share
  • zslamazslama 7 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I am also a transfer student and a huge sports fan, especially NBA. I got my acceptance on May 1st and I just clicked in when you said you are a NBA reporter and sports writer. COOL STUFF.
    · Reply · Share
    @zslama thank you! Yeah, I'm a huge fan as well. Do you think mind if you could share you stats? If you'd like, you could message them to me?
    · Reply · Share
  • zslamazslama 7 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Sure, but keep in mind that my selling point is my academic ability and characters. Not special ECs like you. Scores, peer reviews and recommendations are my strength. I don't have too special of any activities. Applying to communication school should be a little different than applying to applied sciences or econ. Anyway, here it goes.

When Apply to Weinberg as an ECON major
    College GPA 3.83 from a pretty good business school, private university notorious for deflation in MA. I was concentrating in Finance and Accounting, also pursuing a math minor.

ACT 35
    High school 8/72 3.9(uw) 4.33(w)
    Also I am Asian, so don't lose hope if you feel numbers are a little overwhelming. GL and I hope you get to your dream school.
    · Reply · Share
    Bump for any more bit of advice?
    · Reply · Share
    UPDATE: I will be applying to cover the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China, which will take place from August 29th- September 15th. I'll be going to cover the Turkish Men's national team; they're going to play their Group stage games in Shanghai. Hopefully, I will get admitted.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3157 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,166 Senior Member
    But are you covering the world baseball championship to see Michigan win it? ⚾😉.

Dude, you are already doing what your going to school to do. That's awesome
    Do you really need a degree... Lol 😉.
    · Reply · Share
    @Knowsstuff thank you so much for the compliment! For sure. I am doing the journalism aspect, but once I transfer to a four-year school, I want to major in political economics, international affairs, etc. A major(s) along those lines. Along with journalism, those fields interest me as well. As I said quite a few times in my threads, hopefully this EC can make me standout well.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3157 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,166 Senior Member
    You will definitely stand out! I really want to know the end result. Good Luck to you.
    · Reply · Share
    @Knowsstuff thank you so much!
    · Reply · Share