right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Official Northwestern Class of 2024 Discussion

nw2024nw2024 7 replies2 threads New Member
Ok, I'm officially starting this discussion! I'm applying ED to Weinberg, who else is applying early/anyone have any thoughts on Northwestern and what makes them excited about it? I already submitted my app and I'm waiting on my interview!
edited June 30
678 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Official Northwestern Class of 2024 Discussion

• 4gsmom4gsmom 868 replies29 threads Member
    My D20 is applying ED to the School of Communications for Theatre and is planning to double major in history.
    · Reply · Share
  • n3rdyyn3rdyy 4 replies1 threads New Member
    I just submitted my ED app for the School of Education and Social Policy. I don't really expect to get in but this is pretty much just me shooting my shot.
    · Reply · Share
  • glenywitzglenywitz 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied ED for psych:)
    · Reply · Share
  • SouthrncrssSouthrncrss 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Just applied ED RTVF, school of communications
    · Reply · Share
  • nw2024nw2024 7 replies2 threads New Member
    Has anyone had their interview yet? Mine is coming up this week and I haven't seen any threads about NU interviews
    · Reply · Share
  • n3rdyyn3rdyy 4 replies1 threads New Member
    I have my interview tomorrow. I will reply with how it went after.
    · Reply · Share
    Good luck! :smiley:
    · Reply · Share
  • glitterplanetsglitterplanets 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm applying ED for Human Communication Sciences for the School of Communications : )
    · Reply · Share
  • nw2024nw2024 7 replies2 threads New Member
    I had my NU interview yesterday! It was super casual and the guy was very nice, no hard questions and it was just a conversation. It was longer than most though, we talked for about an hour and fifteen.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2a1ndebate2a1ndebate 60 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited October 2019
    Hey y'all,

I know my chances are fairly low, but I applied Northwestern on ED.

I have a 30 ACT, 3.97 GPA, and took AP classes all 4 years of high school and from Oklahoma, team captain of the policy debate team and tennis team, did four years of policy debate and tennis and have been a 4 time state champion. Also owned a start up. I applied to the poli sci program.

I also participate in debate and have been in contact with the school about it.

I have been very nervous about getting in, but I have a story of how I was in a coma (the coma sucked).

What do you think my chances are?

Thanks y'all
    edited October 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • NiiigloNiiiglo 3 replies0 threads New Member
    It's a long shot. But you never know
    · Reply · Share
  • NiiigloNiiiglo 3 replies0 threads New Member
    anyway, I wanted to know. Did everyone else receive that message from the financial aid department reminding us to submit our materials a couple of days ago.
    · Reply · Share
  • SpillinTeaLexiBSpillinTeaLexiB 3 replies1 threads New Member
    I also applied ED to RTVF! I’m hopeful, but realistic about slim chances. It would be great if it truly is a very holistic review, but we weren’t asked for a portfolio, and I’m worried it’s more score-based, demographics, etc. Glad there’s a thread now!
    · Reply · Share
  • david1292david1292 28 replies9 threads Junior Member
    I’m slowly going insane waiting for mid December. Around what day do they usually release decisions?
    · Reply · Share
    I looked back to last year's ED decisions and it looked like it was December 15th.
    · Reply · Share
    Scratch that: it was December 13th last year.
    · Reply · Share
  • efr009efr009 77 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @2a1ndebate2a1ndebate, my son went to NU four years ago. Your ACT score is a little low but you are strong in other areas. Hopefully they will make up for the weak ACT score.
    · Reply · Share
  • lojoselojose 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied ED for School of Communications. How important is nabbing an interview?
    · Reply · Share
  • KkwillaKkwilla 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey everyone! ED applicant looking to study art, set design, and marketing (with the certificate)! I had my interview a few weeks ago. I met my interviewer at a local cafe that I frequent, so it was definitely great to have the home turf advantage. I think it went really well. My test scores are on the lower end of the admitted students, but during my interview I acknowledged that. I made sure to let my interviewer know that my test scores don’t reflect my academic abilities (and I hope they consider that when looking at my application). A good interview can help your application, but a bad interview is seldom considered by the school. If you feel like you bombed it, I wouldn’t worry too much!
    · Reply · Share
  • cc200222cc200222 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I didn't receive that email, but I had already sent my FAFSA and CSS profile. Had you submitted the FAFSA, CSS profile before they sent you that?
    · Reply · Share