right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

chance me for NU 24! :)

icedoatmilklatteicedoatmilklatte 0 replies1 threads New Member
demographics: Asian female at international school in Europe

Major: economics

SAT - 1470 (770 Math, 700 RW), 18/24 essay

GPA-- no gpa for 11/12 as I do full IB diploma, predicted 40/45 (My 9th grade and 10th grade transcripts go downwards due to family issues but I explained in my apps and got my counsellor to as well, strong upward trend imo)

Rank--No rank

IB Classes -- HL Math HL Computer Science HL Economics; SL Physics SL French Ab Initio SL Lang and Lit A + TOK and EE

ECs-- (they're rly inconsistent as I moved countries halfway through 10th grade)

Co-Leader of A Service Club at old School (9+10): Club dedicated towards helping a children's home in Thailand. Organized and went on trip to the home, organized fundraisers and held meetings.

Logistics Leader for Annual student-led charity event (9): non profit that has raised over $100,000 to build wells in Cambodia. Led group to manage funding, sponsors, registration, etc.

Student council (12): Organized activities/events to boost school spirit, as well as taking part in school-based service learning. Was ambassador for school and led new incoming families on school tours

Leader of School-based service project(11+12): Managed student registrations and visited homeless shelter monthly for 3 hour periods. Organized fundraisers.

Economics Club (12)

Politics Club (12)

Service club helping kids in Bhutan (9 + 10)
Meetings and fundraisers mostly, occasional planning of events for fundraising.

Piano (9-12): Played piano since the age of 6, took ABRSM exams as well as theory classes and weekly lessons.

Basketball, JV + Varsity Basketball Team (9-10): Played at JV level in 9th grade, played at varsity level + in tournament for European international schools in 10th grade.

Basketball, Club Basketball (9-10): Participated in club basketball for 2.5 years. Attended summer camp at Stanford.

Honors--Honor Roll in 9th and 10th (we don’t have any honor societies at my school)

Essay-- My common app was decent and sorta unique I guess (about my background). I think my NU essay was good/decent but cannot rly judge on my own behalf

LORs- From my Econ and English teacher, I think my English teacher rly likes me and my Econ teacher knows how much effort I put into his class, and I think he likes me too.

Income-- didn’t apply for FA, full pay
0 replies
· Reply · Share