right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

NORTHWESTERN UNDERGRADS: Chances for Northwestern ED Weinberg

bozo2k20bozo2k20 3 replies2 threads New Member
edited June 1 in Northwestern University
I have a couple of comments and questions.

I have 3.95 unweighted GPA//4.6 Weighted.
I got a 1430 on SAT, but if I take it again, I think I can easily get 1480 or higher super scored.

Clubs: Leader in Model UN, Econ Club, History Fair Club
Involved in NHS, BPA, Peer Tutors
Paid tutor for economics, math
Interned at a company to make presentations about financial analysis and improving based on past performance
Did a Ted Talk at my school(one of the 10 people out of 4000)
Outside of school, I have also programmed a local database that helps me keep track of stocks I have invested in

Letters of recommendation:
I have one planned from my calc bc teacher who definitely will write positive attributes about me
One from my english teacher from sophomore year who believed that I brought a new idea onto the table each time I spoke and will assuredly spend her time to write a good rec letter

Essay: A great story about how I did not know how to speak English when I first came here to how I moved away in 5th grade with a lack of English knowledge. Came back in 8th with redemption and was one of the few people selected for a Ted Talk and a leader for a club where your performance depends on speaking (MUN)

What are my chances to get into Northwestern Weinberg for Econ(ED) with these qualities?

What can I do to improve my chan

edited June 1
0 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share