Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Why did I have to go ahead and take Subject Tests??

2»

Replies to: Why did I have to go ahead and take Subject Tests??

• je_ne_sais_quoije_ne_sais_quoi Registered User Posts: 714 Member
    My daughter's SATII scores were 2310 and she didn't get in.
  • sainclairesainclaire Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    je_ne_sais_quoi: Was this early or regular decision? Was there something else that might have precluded acceptance?

I haven't heard of many high test score/high gpa students that were rejected. :\
    Regular decision. I have no idea why she was waitlisted then rejected. I'm an involved NU alum, she was a National Merit Scholar, National AP Scholar, Cum Laude (top 1% of class), NHS, Quill & Scroll, literary magazine editor, published, numerous academic clubs with leadership roles, recipient of many scholastic/musical awards, etc. Four or five students from her HS were accepted and are attending, only one is as academically qualified. They were all full-pay, however, and we needed financial aid.
    I forgot to mention she was an All-Academic athlete (varsity team 2 years), and a martial arts 2nd degree black belt/instructor. Maybe she was sounded too good to be true! Or maybe the admission gods knew NU wouldn't be right for her and conspired to send her elsewhere. They say these things happen for a reason -- and she is quite happy where she enrolled.
  • Sam LeeSam Lee Registered User Posts: 9,449 Senior Member
    ^I am bumping this post because your case shows how strange college admission can be! I'd have asked for an explanation if I were you, especially given your alum status.
2»
This discussion has been closed.