Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

One Book One Northwestern

MajmanMajman Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
edited July 2008 in Northwestern University
I was wondering if anybody in the recent weeks got a letter (and a book) inviting them to participate in the One Book One Northwestern program?

I can't really discern the number of people that actually participate in it?

Does anybody have any information on this program?
Post edited by Majman on

Replies to: One Book One Northwestern

• lilybbloomlilybbloom Registered User Posts: 986 Member
    every freshman gets the book. you won't be tested on it or anything, but it's nice to have something to discuss when you get to campus.
  • StrikeX2StrikeX2 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    bored over the summer anyways, i'll jsut read it. haha
  • jonthelinjonthelin Registered User Posts: 246 Junior Member
    To be honest, the one book one northwestern program isn't all that popular. The books are good, though so you might as well read them if you have the time.
  • arbiter213arbiter213 Registered User Posts: 3,572 Senior Member
    Theoretically, the entire freshman class along with all peer advisers and hall government members. Basically anyone invited to move onto campus during Wildcat Welcome/ New Student Week should have read the book... in theory.

Very few people actually read them, and even fewer will talk about them. Last year's book was awful and of no interest to most people. I felt a little cheated, considering the two prior years were Antigone and Othello. I've read the Darwin Book (it's sitting behind me), and I can say its actually very interesting, but as has been said, don't bother with it unless you have the time- there's no obligation.
This discussion has been closed.