Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BC vs Northeastern Nursing?

Hazel17Hazel17 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hi - My daughter has been accepted to both BC and Northeastern for Nursing! Northeastern gave her a great financial aid pckage. Assuming BC offers something similar (it will be out on Monday) which school should she choose?! She keeps flip flopping!! Loves the idea of co-op at Northeastern but also interested in the 5 yr RN/NP at BC.... help us weigh her amazing options please......

Replies to: BC vs Northeastern Nursing?

• CharlieschCharliesch Registered User Posts: 2,073 Senior Member
    As of a few years ago when my son looked at it, it was very tough to use AP credits at Boston College. Also, with any religious college, take a look at the required religion classes. Some people would prefer the flexibility to take other electives than to be required to take religion classes. The average college degree involves 40 classes, and for nursing, probably 30 of those are required classes. If you add another 2 or 3 religion classes, it really shrinks your remaining electives.
  • RyanG1207RyanG1207 Registered User Posts: 524 Member
    We had looked at both Northeastern and BC for nursing. My DS decided not to apply to BC after touring both due to the location and required electives. Northeastern was more attractive to him because it was right in the city and he preferred the vibe there. I thought the co-ops were great, but nursing majors require clinical experience anyway so it was a nice to have, but not a must when we were deciding.
This discussion has been closed.