right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

I will graduate high school as a CNA. Can I graduate from undergrad with a BSN?

CasperTheGhostCasperTheGhost 1 replies5 threads New Member
My high school gives seniors a class to become a CNA. Many graduate my school as CNAs once they've passed the national exam. Junior year I became a certified EMR, as this is another program we have. I haven't started the CNA course yet so I can't ask my instructor (she is an RN herself) this until school starts.
I'm assuming I can graduate undergrad school as an RN with a BSN. Am I correct? How does it work? What should I look for in choosing which colleges to apply to if this is my plan?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I will graduate high school as a CNA. Can I graduate from undergrad with a BSN?

• mom517mom517 173 replies11 threads Junior Member
    You graduate with from your 4 year school with a BSN as GN (Graduate Nurse) then you sit for your NCLEX exam to become an RN. AT least least that is what I did when I graduated in 1993 : )
    · Reply · Share
  • bigmacbethbigmacbeth 766 replies4 threads Member
    Also, I don't think you need to worry much about a CNA, either. At least, the schools we have spoken to so far do not seem to care a lot if applicants have CNAs or not.
    · Reply · Share
  • MistySteel27MistySteel27 94 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Research the schools that offer nursing programs. A community college program is usually an ASN program where you get your RN but have to go back to a bridge program to get a BSN. Most 4 year college programs are BSN. You take the board exams no matter which nursing program you take (LPN is a different program- don’t do it). A CNA is very useful to have even if the instructor says otherwise. Every nurse should do it and future employers will be glad for the experience.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity