right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

UDel and Pitt Nursing, are there any current students or parents here?

TimeFlies2TimeFlies2 72 replies26 threads Junior Member
edited December 2019 in Nursing Major
D20 was accepted!! She hasn't heard from anywhere else yet, but even when she does these are among top contenders. During the college search process, she was so nervous about getting in she couldn't really focus on other details. So we are starting over in gathering information and will have to re-visit her final choices. We'll probably be doing this all the way to May LOL.

Any info about these particular schools/programs would be appreciated, and feel free to PM me if it's too boring/detailed/specific for the board. Aside from the nursing programs themselves, which we did investigate, she is most interested in knowing about the universities as a whole. How much are nursing students sequestered vs mixing with the rest of the student body? Do you like the LLC's? How does academic advising work? How is class size, are students overly competitive or are they collaborative? How has it worked out for you or your student, meeting other people? How many classes have non-nursing students? She really wants a full college experience including extra-curriculars and electives. She won't place out of much, so we assume she will be on the usual curriculum track as posted on their websites.

I think these boards scared us last year. She's doing fine! Probably applied to too many out of fear she wouldn't get in anywhere. When this is all over in the spring, I will write a summary to help the next generation of applicants.

Thank you.
edited December 2019
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UDel and Pitt Nursing, are there any current students or parents here?