right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Should I go with this schedule? Is 21 semester hour credits too much?

FutureRNAdamFutureRNAdam 4 replies4 threads New Member
I'm taking:
Organic Chemistry I
Human Physiology (I aced Human Anatomy last semester)
Life Span
Nutrition
World Religions
Abnormal Psychology

*All of these courses are prerequisites to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program EXCEPT World Religions.

I have a choice to either take Abnormal Psychology this semester or Summer 2020 before I transfer to my BSN program. I MUST complete the course before Fall 2020.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I go with this schedule? Is 21 semester hour credits too much?

• FutureRNAdamFutureRNAdam 4 replies4 threads New Member
    I forgot to mention: Organic Chemistry I and Human Physiology both have labs!!!!! So I'll have 2 science courses and 2 lab courses
    · Reply · Share
  • bearcatfanbearcatfan 1174 replies12 threads Senior Member
    In my opinion, it is way too much especially with two lab sciences.

Organic Chem has been the bane of many students, even very strong ones. I am surprised you need OChem for a BSN (my daughter didn't) but I guess all programs are different.

Are nutrition and and lifespan online? That helps, but there will still be tests and work - my daughter found nutrition surprisingly difficult and frustrating.

She proposed taking 21 credits (with an online component) this semester and her advisor flat-out told her no way. She is taking 17 instead, which is doable but still a lot of work. I would say try to pare that down to 16-17. Maybe you can drop the religion course?
    · Reply · Share
  • FutureRNAdamFutureRNAdam 4 replies4 threads New Member
    Thank you!
    · Reply · Share