right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

class of 2025 nursing

xxellaaxxellaa 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 26 in Nursing Major
Hi! I decided to start a thread for rising seniors who are interested in applying to nursing major. I'm so nervous for the application process!

Schools that i want to apply to
- asu
- uh manoa
- temple university
- penn state
- seattle university
- sdsu
- uci
- uva
- loyola university chicago
- university of san francisco

edited June 26
10 replies
Post edited by ccadminkris on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: class of 2025 nursing

• xxellaaxxellaa 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Also um how hard is it to get into these direct admit nursing programs with the pandemic and everything?
    · Reply · Share
  • elleddelledd 26 replies20 threads Junior Member
    Hey i’m also a rising senior applying to colleges this year for nursing.

schools i’m interested in:
    - University of Minnesota
    - Florida Southern College
    -University of NC-Chapel Hill
    - University is NC-Wilmington
    - NCA&T

i’m looking for some other schools if anyone has any suggestions!!!

Also i do not think the intensity or complexity of the college app system for direct admit will change. But i heard that a lot of international students aren’t coming back because of travel restrictions.
    · Reply · Share
  • wheresmybobawheresmyboba 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello! I'n also a rising senior planning to apply for the Nursing Major as a direct admit. Some schools I have in mind are UCLA, UC Irvine, San Diego State University, CSU Fullerton, and looking into more but the rest of the CSUs or UCs aren't direct nursing. :neutral: As for your question on how hard it will be to get in, many of the direct entry nursing schools are very competitive. For example, UCLA only accepts 50 freshmen and 10 transfers every year and last year they had more than 3,000 applications to the nursing major. The same goes with UC Irvine, who also only has a 2% acceptance rate for Nursing. Those are just two examples but many universities have the same stats. We really have to impress them with our essays and experiences in the healthcare. UC Irvine has a specific section in their selection process for that. We should keep in touch haha!
    · Reply · Share
  • sammy147519sammy147519 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Omg we are in the same boat! Im a rising senior too and Im applying to those colleges too for nursing!!! I really want a direct admit too! I didn't know fullerton was direct admit thats awesome! If I get more info of stuff to help us I am going to reach out to you! This is crazy I found someone just like me!
    · Reply · Share
  • NurseStavNurseStav 17 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Hi @sammy147519 @wheresmyboba great to hear from some fellow nursing majors trying to get into these Cali schools!
    "We really have to impress them with our essays and experiences in the healthcare. UC Irvine has a specific section in their selection process for that."
    I completely agree as the essays are vital to securing a spot in these selective programs. Check out this article too: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-nursing-schools/articles/how-coronavirus-is-affecting-nursing-school-admissions
    Also, what is the specific section for UC Irvine? They got rid of their supplemental too.
    Also the CSUs are going test blind.
    · Reply · Share
  • sammy147519sammy147519 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Hi! For UC Irvine I am not sure? I was looking up if they take letter of recs, and i noticed that the nursing supplemental is not a thing anymore? Do you know if they take letter of recs? I'm guessing we just apply normal and put nursing for our major, not too sure lol. Also thank you for telling us about CSU going test blind, that makes me SO MAD THOUGH. Best of luck guys we got this!
    · Reply · Share
  • NurseStavNurseStav 17 replies4 threads Junior Member
    hi @sammy147519 UC Irvine is basically a regular UC application. UCLA has all of the LOR and supplements. Hopefully @wheresmyboba can comment on this-especially the UC Irvine "specific section in their selection process for that." Do not stress too much about all of this because no matter what school we go to we will be nurses in the near future!
    · Reply · Share
  • gracyegracye 5 replies6 threads New Member
    Hi guys! I'm also co2025 and I'm in between nursing and pursuing a doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Here's where I'm planning on applying:
    Appalachian State
    UNCW
    JMU
    Virginia Tech
    Miami University
    University of Delaware
    UVA
    URI
    · Reply · Share
  • elleddelledd 26 replies20 threads Junior Member
    @gracye seems like you’re near the NC area, as well as I. I am also thinking about applying to UNCW for nursing
    · Reply · Share
  • gracyegracye 5 replies6 threads New Member
    @elledd I'm in Virginia, so pretty close. UNCW is so pretty!
    · Reply · Share