right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Class of 2023 RD

HMMof2HMMof2 44 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
I had thought originally that RD applicant decisions would come out mid-March, but now see that Oberlin’s site is saying April 1. Does anyone know whether they might release decisions sooner or is that a firm date?
52 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class of 2023 RD

• amcquilkamcquilk 58 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    The last two years they have released decisions on the Friday of spring break. This year, that would be Friday March 29th.
    · Reply · Share
  • alexandra00alexandra00 242 replies17 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    guys! omg hacked
    · Reply · Share
  • HMMof2HMMof2 44 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Just saw that!:(
    · Reply · Share
  • NaariyalAmmaNaariyalAmma 21 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Where did it say on the site that the decision date would be April 1st? I couldn’t find that date anywhere. I don’t honestly think that I can hold my breath that long..,
    · Reply · Share
  • Dhk138Dhk138 39 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Don't want to wait for that long... :(
    · Reply · Share
    Not only oberlin, but also hamilton and grinnell as far as I heard.
    · Reply · Share
  • HMMof2HMMof2 44 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    It sure doesn’t leave a lot of time to make a decision by May 1, if S is accepted.
    · Reply · Share
    So anyone has the definite information about the decision releasing date?
    · Reply · Share
  • amcquilkamcquilk 58 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Sign up for admitted students days opens March 22nd, so that suggests decisions released this week.
    · Reply · Share
  • InDebtForeverInDebtForever 16 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Admitted Student Day sign up does not necessarily mean decisions will be released. Early Decision applicants already know if they have been accepted so they can sign up, but regular decision will probably still be later. Previous years tend to indicate that admittance notifications were sent the last Fri. in March.
    · Reply · Share
  • AleinvaAleinva 9 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited March 18
    According to College Kickstart, last year, decisions were out on 3/23 by 4pm, the year prior it was 3/24. if that holds up, I would think it would be 3/22 this year. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.
    edited March 18
    · Reply · Share
  • VAParent2019VAParent2019 10 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Oberlin admission office is saying decisions will be released this Friday, 3/22.
    · Reply · Share
  • churchthecatchurchthecat 4 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Yep, they just sent the email and it's this Friday, 3/22, at 5pm EDT. Good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
    Four hours left, good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • oscar10oscar10 18 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    rejected interl, match school
    · Reply · Share
  • VAParent2019VAParent2019 10 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My D was waitlisted.
    · Reply · Share
  • tallgal2boystallgal2boys 12 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My S got in with $21k merit aid. His other top choice was Denison, which gave him $27 plus $2800 work study. So Oberlin would cost $16k more per year. ....does anyone have experience negotiating for more merit aid?
    · Reply · Share
  • MusakParentMusakParent 967 replies9 threadsRegistered User Member
    My kid got in with 30K merit. I am stunned.
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeOdyssey2001CollegeOdyssey2001 74 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited March 22
    Similarly stunned with S19's 30K merit award. But still leaves 43K COA! Nonetheless grateful, and continually flabbergasted by the outstanding students rejected or waitlisted. Best of luck to all.
    edited March 22
    · Reply · Share
  • gonzaga35gonzaga35 34 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @tallgal2boys. We appealed at their suggestion. They will ask you for other schools merit aid documentation. We presented some that were much higher (the schools weren't at the same level though) but what they matched was the $3,000 more that R.P.I. had offered. Not sure how they would consider Denison. Maybe they'll give a little more but I don't think they see Denison as a 100% equal school so I would be surprised if they matched it unless it gets much closer to the deadline and their yield is suffering.
    · Reply · Share