right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Need-Based financial aid

osufreshosufresh 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited April 2012 in Ohio State University
After filing the FAFSA, i received an EFC of 000000. How much financial aid should I expect to receive from Ohio State?
edited April 2012
3 replies
Post edited by osufresh on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Need-Based financial aid

• OSULolzOSULolz 246 replies3 threads Junior Member
    EFC of 0 means that they expect your family can contribute nothing to your college tuition. I'm not sure of exact numbers, but that means that you should be able to get a good amount of financial aid whether it comes from grants or subsidized loans
    · Reply · Share
  • soccerball55soccerball55 41 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I've heard that OSU's financial aid based on need is not too good. I am pretty sure that OSU never claims to meet full demonstrated financial need (such as elite schools do), so OSU isn't obligated to provide everything in loans/grants. I just saw that FA for OSU is supposed to go out this Monday/Tuesday, so you will have to post to say what you received.

Take this with a grain of salt--I don't have any personal experience, this is just what I've heard
    · Reply · Share
  • WhateverhappensWhateverhappens 413 replies35 threads Member
    My aid met full need, but from what I gather, that isn't the rule. I can say that the need portion was worse than other schools.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity