right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Freshman Housing Options

schneider49077schneider49077 1 replies3 threads New Member
edited March 2012 in Ohio State University
I am looking into Ohio State University. Housing is very important to me. I am not a very social person, and I'm not really looking forward to sharing a dorm with a complete stranger(s). Is there anyway that a Freshman can be given a single dorm? Is it awarded by lottery?
edited March 2012
5 replies
Post edited by schneider49077 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Freshman Housing Options

• maybellmaybell 164 replies0 threads Junior Member
    You can call the housing office if you would like a more specific answer- but from my knowledge, singles are hard to come by, and older students and students with a unique need (like medical issues) for a single have preference. It seems unlikely that you would be given one freshman year without special circumstances.

There are, however, a number of one bedroom apartments around campus that you could live in your sophomore-senior years, if you can stand to live in a traditional double or quad your freshman year. Also, you don't have to live with a stranger. If you know someone planning on attending OSU, you can request to live together, which may make you more comfortable.
    · Reply · Share
  • Trajan28Trajan28 12 replies1 threads New Member
    Drackett vs. Morrill?
    Im trying to narrow down between these two. Any opinions??
    · Reply · Share
  • RMGsmomRMGsmom 497 replies17 threads Member
    Residence Halls : University Residences and Dining Services can give you some comparison data.

Drackett: It has a bike room which is nice if you have a bike. It is closer to High Street where the bookstores, offcampus eateries, banks, and hair salons/barbers are mostly situated. There's also a CVS with a Minute Clinic very close on High and Lane also. It is also closer to the engineering and business buildings. If you are in those majors, it is nice because it is a shorter walk and less time waiting on buses when it is cold out. However, the rooms are cramped and typically have 2-4 people in a bedroom attached to a suite/study room and a bathroom. Also it may be farther from the hospital and some south campus classes than Morrill.

Morrill: It is closer to the RPAC and Lennox Center (Target, Staples, movie theater, etc) and the suites are slightly roomier in footage per person. If I recall correctly, there are maybe 4 sleeping pods (with maybe 2 beds in each) that attach to a desk area and then a larger suite with bathroom shared by all the suitemates. I think the bathrooms are cleaned by the maintenance staff periodically which is nice because they will not do this at Drackett. It may also be closer than Drackett to the hospital and some classes near south campus.
    · Reply · Share
  • Trajan28Trajan28 12 replies1 threads New Member
    Thank you so much RMGsmom!! That was extremely helpful. My choice is pretty clear now (Morrill).
    · Reply · Share
  • RMGsmomRMGsmom 497 replies17 threads Member
    I think my son's only complaint about Morrill is it is farthest from High Street.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity