right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Math 190

WhateverhappensWhateverhappens 413 replies35 threads Member
edited March 2012 in Ohio State University
Okay, so next year I'll be majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics at OSU and just wanted to see of I could get some advice. After looking at the math options, 190 really appealed to me(or whatever the semester equivalent is). I really like the theoretical approach and I actually tend to understand things better when its accompanied with proofs and more in depth rather than just getting a formula However, after speaking with one of the astronomy professors, I was informed that it is a class only for math majors and generally tanks a GPA. Does anyone have any experience with this class? I've taken Calc 1,2, and 3 at a local college so I think I would be adequately prepared.
edited March 2012
1 replies
Post edited by Whateverhappens on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Math 190

• RMGsmomRMGsmom 497 replies17 threads Member
    When my son was an honors engineering freshman, his advisors gave him similar advice. He had AP credit for 150/151/152 so he took 162/263 which were accelerated calculus classes next.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity