Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

will i make it to ohio state

nehsnallanehsnalla Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
hi everyone
So basically Im a junior right now in the IB program. During my freshman and sophmore year, I did the full MYP program which is suppose to prepare me for the ib program. My grades were not good during those years because I did not take school seriously. As a result, I dropped out of the full IB diploma plan and only did the partial certificate IB plan. so right now for my academic classes, I take HL BIO, SL MATH II, IB SL PSYCH, IB History of the Americas, and AP Lang. Next year i plan on taking IB Physics, Ib Bio (2 year course), AP stat, AP lit, and IB history of americas (2 year course). So my GPA right now is a 2.7 (unweighted) with pretty hard classes...but right now in my junior year I have all As and one C in sl math.(I think i heard somewhere that the IB weighted gpa scale should help me a little). I am also involved in Math League, Allstate band (high chair), church youth group leader, church praise team leader, church piano volunteer, clarinet private lessons, piano private lessons, soccer and lacrosse. I also volunteer once in a while with my church group. my sat score is at a 1700 but I'm trying to work on it. I am also asian and i live in delaware.

So please tell me if you think I have a shot at making ohio state.
thank you so much

Replies to: will i make it to ohio state

• moneybag121moneybag121 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    This school just got crazy competitive for some reason. Get your Unweighted GPA to a 3.5 and SAT to an 1850 to have some kind of chance.

btw i got deferred with a 3.5/4 and a 26
This discussion has been closed.