Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Balancing a Rigorous Major (Nutrition) and Social Life

2»

Replies to: Balancing a Rigorous Major (Nutrition) and Social Life

• OSUmom2018OSUmom2018 Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Aqautic18:

There are so many opportunities at OSU, it can be enticing but overwhelming. There are over a 1000 clubs, volunteer activities galore, and so many other opportunities as well. (My D traveled to Israel over the Christmas break on an OSU related trip).

And the academics are different from high school. My D was a good student in high school, took many AP courses, etc. But college is not high school and requires more work. She also became involved in a number of volunteer activities at OSU which took up time. And has done some dating. And became active in a campus religious center,
    and is on the Scholars and Honors Programming Board, etc etc.

So the second semester has been about really examining what is important to her. And the amount of time it all takes.

My D loves loves loves OSU. She is so happy there. But it is hard work and an adjustment, and prioritizing her time
    is an important part of her learning curve.

I am sure you will find your way too. I think working at the Lantern sounds really neat, it is possible you can go talk to them on one of your orientations and begin to get some information about working there.
2»
This discussion has been closed.