right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Admissions Discussion/Decisions - Class of 2024

RosellaWRosellaW 9 replies1 threads New Member
edited March 24 in Ohio State University
With the application cycle less than two weeks away, I'd figure I would start a new thread for anyone applying to Ohio State for Fall 2024.
edited March 24
1819 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Admissions Discussion/Decisions - Class of 2024

• KirstenMPKirstenMP 10 replies0 threads New Member
    When my son applied to Ohio State back in 2012, they offered Early Decision. Does anyone know when they discontinued it? Im just curious if you get your application in way before Nov 1, if you could possibly get an answer before Nov 1.
    · Reply · Share
  • cypresspatcypresspat 584 replies11 threads Member
    @KirstenMP Do you mean EA? I know of incoming freshmen this year who heard by mid-November, but they got their apps in very early September.
    My S20 will be submitting very early also, as a fall sport and what I think is a ridiculous senior course schedule will eat up his time this Fall. Engineering, debating honors/scholars, mainly for the early class registration privileges.
    His list is hardly a long one, but the tOSU button will be the first one pushed. It is almost definitely where he will choose to go after the dust settles.
    · Reply · Share
  • ssshenssshen 25 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Other than the essays in the Coalition, does OSU require any supplemental essays? If so, are they only for the honors college and, if so, where can my DD find them? Thank you in adavance!
    · Reply · Share
    No I meant ED. When my son applied for spring 2013 admission, he applied early and got accepted early. It was a binding application. Osu doesn’t do that anymore and i just wondered when they stopped.
    · Reply · Share
    Hmmmm.....it must have been for a pretty short period. I don’t think ED was an option when my S09 applied.
    · Reply · Share
  • 4Family44Family4 32 replies12 threads Junior Member
    I finished up junior year with:
    GPA: 4.0
    SAT: 1500
    2 APs junior year (Stats and Human Geo)
    Scheduled to take 3 APs senior year (Calc AB, Physics, World History)
    OOS
    Anyone want to take a shot at my chances for admission into Ohio State Data Analytics?
    · Reply · Share
  • RosellaWRosellaW 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Submitted my application this morning! Now the long wait until November to find out :)
    · Reply · Share
    @ssshen My understanding is there are no supplemental essays except for honors/scholars.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 362 replies16 threads Member
    @4Family4 you look like a very strong candidate! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • rsalzstein1026rsalzstein1026 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Just submitted my application today! Can’t wait for November...
    · Reply · Share
  • DGDG 440 replies5 threads Member
    Submitted Friday....now the wait....
    · Reply · Share
  • uofmmomuofmmom 40 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Online it says Ohio State has rolling admissions. I see here people are saying no acceptances until November. So, if applied in August or early September, you still won't find out until November? When I think of rolling admissions, I think of other universities that send out acceptances every two weeks or so.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 362 replies16 threads Member
    I wasn't sure if ds should click rolling admissions or click EA on the common app. What did you guys do? I figured rolling was for after EA?
    · Reply · Share
    @uofmmom About 75 kids from our HS apply to tOSU every year. I have never heard of anyone getting word prior to mid-November. Once they start sending word, though, waves tend to come out every other week (a Friday, usually). I know that major can matter in terms of when decisions are released.
    · Reply · Share
  • H0llyw00dH0llyw00d 350 replies3 threads Member
    Historically the first wave of decisions come out the Friday before Thanksgiving and then released every two weeks after that.
    · Reply · Share
    How long does it take the OSU system to match the applicant with their ACT report(s). My son's March and April 2019 were sent to OSU when he took those tests. He applied Mon Oct 7 and the system is still showing Incomplete/Missing ACT-SAT report. The system does say it can take up to 10 days for scores to match but I was wondering about everyone else's experience.
    · Reply · Share
  • uofmmomuofmmom 40 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @KirstenMP it took my son's about 4 days to show up and it was marked as complete. I would bet by Friday or Tuesday it will be there.
    · Reply · Share
  • rbc2018rbc2018 217 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @KirstenMP How long did it end up taking?
    · Reply · Share
  • DGDG 440 replies5 threads Member
    Takes couple weeks. They’re slow.
    · Reply · Share
  • roeschpnroeschpn 1 replies1 threads New Member
    I applied early action on September 22 with an ACT of 31 and a weighted gpa of 4.366 out of 4 applying for a Statistics major any idea what my chance is of getting my decision during the first round mid November? Am I in a good position to be getting in at all?
    · Reply · Share