right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

I'm thinking about transferring to Ohio State University...

ntorresrivvntorresrivv 2 replies1 threads New Member
Hello!
So I am currently sitting at 42 credits and I'm at 18 for this spring semester. I'm currently sitting at a 2.7 GPA and I am wanting to transfer to OSU. I called their admissions office and was told that for transfer students, a 2.5 GPA was considered "competitive applicant". For my intended major, I know I have a change of going in as a "pre-" but I was looking to hear some answers from previous applicants. I am scheduled to graduate with an associate in science this upcoming May. I just want to make sure I don't spend $60 on an application just to get denied. I am also worried I have waited too long to submit an application so if anyone could please let me know, I would GREATLY appreciate it. TIA!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I'm thinking about transferring to Ohio State University...

• ntorresrivvntorresrivv 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Any help????
    · Reply · Share
  • cypresspatcypresspat 651 replies11 threads Member
    I don’t think anyone can guarantee anything for you. Your GPA is high enough, but I am not sure if transfer students numbers are increasing every year like freshmen apps are. If I were a betting person, I would bet you’d be accepted unless you are aiming for a tough major, like computer science or nursing.
    · Reply · Share
  • alys12alys12 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I just applied as a transfer about a week ago! I don't think it is too late.
    · Reply · Share