right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

OOS Merit for 3.94UW, 4.98W /1460SAT ?

flprepaidmomflprepaidmom 181 replies68 threads Junior Member
edited September 8 in Ohio State University
9AP, 4 AICE, 3 Dual Enrollment and the rest are honors. Lead roles in Theatre. NHS President. Interesting summer internship. top 6% of class in a very competitive school. 150 Service hours.
edited September 8
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: OOS Merit for 3.94UW, 4.98W /1460SAT ?

• MWolfMWolf 3063 replies14 threads Senior Member
    edited September 8
    Aside from merit, what other factors are you looking for?

Arizona and Alabama come to mind, but there are others, depending on, as I wrote, what are you looking for.
    edited September 8
    · Reply · Share
  • flprepaidmomflprepaidmom 181 replies68 threads Junior Member
    thread is specifically for OSU. Interior design major. Will most likely attend UF/FSU if admitted, but would LOVE the opportunity to leave Florida. Merit is the only way that would happen.
    · Reply · Share
    @MWolf responded but forgot to tag you
    · Reply · Share
  • cypresspatcypresspat 651 replies11 threads Member
    @flprepaidmom

Your child’s stats were similar to mine’s, although we are In state (engineering). He received the max amount (not one of the very rare full Scholarships). I think you should expect to pay only a bit more than in-state tuition with those stats. They heavily weight GPA and rigor (and are test optional next year, I believe).

I know zero about the design program at OSU. We send about 40 kids to OSU every year and I do not know a single design major. I know several design majors, though, at U of Cincy. Point being I think you should check out Cincy as I think their design program is particularly strong. I know they have great co-ops.

· Reply · Share
  • Muad_dibMuad_dib 958 replies28 threads Member
    Still don't understand how WGPA is over a full point higher that UWGPA. Do some districts give more than 1 point for AP?
    · Reply · Share
  • Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 6081 replies97 threads Senior Member
    Muad_dib wrote: »
    Still don't understand how WGPA is over a full point higher that UWGPA. Do some districts give more than 1 point for AP?

Yes.
    · Reply · Share
    @Mwfan1921 we get 6.0 for AP at our school. Her recalculated GPA for UF is 4.6. They remove non AP electives and non core dual enrollment and then give .5 for honors and 1.0 for AP/IB/AICE and core dual enrollment.
    · Reply · Share
  • DGDG 451 replies5 threads Member
    I think your student will get national buckeye and either Maximus or provost scholarship....national buckeye is 13500 per year and the others are 3 or 4K per year.
    · Reply · Share
  • user4321user4321 208 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Including the latest tuition increase you should expect to pay about $7,000.00 more than full in-state tuition
    · Reply · Share