Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Buckeye Bound?

jholl419jholl419 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited July 2007 in Ohio State University
One major factor that plays into may college decision is how good the sports are, mostly football. I always wnated to go to Ohio State for its reputation for football and now its growing reputation for basketball. I alos love how huge it is and the huge feeling of pride. I have a 3.3-3.4 gpa with no honors or AP's and my SAT's are 1130. I am tkaing 2 honors this year as a senior and I plan to increase my SAT's. I have very little EC's, just freshman track and football. I have done some community service and have been employed throughout high school at numerous jobs. I am a white male out of state student. Am I Buckeye Bound?
Post edited by jholl419 on

Replies to: Buckeye Bound?

• runforfun529runforfun529 Registered User Posts: 2,135 Member
    Your SATs are 1130 out of 1600 or out of 2400?

I'd say OSU may be a reach school for you. GPA isn't too high and without anything amazing as ECs, you'll have a hard time.

Have you tried taking the ACT?
  • jholl419jholl419 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    1130 is out of 1600 haha, if it was 2400 i wouldn't be looking into colleges. And no I havent thoguht about ACT. Its funny though because some people say OSU isnt too tough and its a match for me, but I originally thought it was pretty tough and selective
    Lol, I was going to say =P that'd be pitiful.

Hmm, you have a chance at OSU, but I wouldn't count it as a sure thing. OSU didn't used to be as selective as they are now, but they keep getting more and more selective each year.

If I were you, I would highly consider taking the ACT. I'm an Ohio resident and I know that here most of the colleges take the ACT more seriously than the SAT, which is great because most people consider it easier.

If you can get a 27-29 (your SAT converts to about a 24-25) you should be able to get into OSU. What's your class rank, btw?
  • jholl419jholl419 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    At the end of the 3rd MP I was 154 out or 450. So that is close to the top third. I'm hoping I am closer to the top 30%
    well about 80% or more of OSU students are in the top 25% of their high school class. If you can bring yourself up a few more percent (hopefully to 30%) you should increase your chances.

SAT Critical Reading: 530 - 640 62%
    SAT Math: 560 - 670 62%
    SAT Writing: 520 - 630 62%
    ACT Composite: 24 - 29 88%
  • scout213scout213 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    You have a decent shot
  • JJGJJG Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    Definitely try taking the ACT - you might find it much easier, especially if you are good at math.
This discussion has been closed.