Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

greek life?

Vivired75Vivired75 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
edited April 2008 in Ohio State University
Just wondering what the Greek Life at OSU was like. Do you have to live in the houses to be a member? And more importantly, does anyone know how much the fees are?? I tried to find out on the website, but it was all so vague, which equals lots of $. And are certain chapters known for something (i.e. partying, studying, great housing, *****y blondes, etc)?

Info please??
Post edited by Vivired75 on

Replies to: greek life?

• ambiguityambiguity Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    There are a lot of frats and sororities, though considering the population at OSU, not a large percentage of the pop. belongs to one. There is a video on OSU's website about something called an activity fair (might be called something else similar), and the video goes through a series of clubs you can join, and some of the frats and sororities are represented. The frat my brother is looking into has a house, but not all the members live in the house. I don't think he would be looking into it if it was an exorbitant amount of money, as he would have to pay for it, though I can't say what the fees are for living in the house or for other frats. My impression was that a lot of non-members are welcome at the parties, but being attractive and well-known helps to get invited. There is, I believe, a list of associations, including frats, that you can join on the website, so I would look again.
This discussion has been closed.