Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dance at Olin

cpslonesscpsloness Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I know there is no dance program at Olin, but if I were to attend (if i even get in), could I take dance classes at one of the colleges that are near-by?

Replies to: Dance at Olin

  • leftcoasterleftcoaster Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    You should be able to take a class like that at one of the cross-registration colleges.

    Here is the info you need:
    Olin College participates in cross-registration with Babson College, Brandeis University and Wellesley College (BBW). This mini-consortium is referred to at Olin as BBOW. Cross-registration is available for Olin students during the traditional fall and spring semesters. Students wishing to take part in an intersession or summer program at a BBW school may do so at their expense, and if access is not restricted to off-campus students.

    Olin College students, except first semester freshmen, may take Arts, Humanities, Social Science or an elective course at other schools with which we have cross-registration policy agreements. Generally, first semester freshmen are not eligible for cross-registration, unless Olin designates specific courses designed for the first semester experience. Taking a course at another school will count toward your total degree credit load at Olin. Students cannot exceed twenty (20) total credits in a given semester.

    Eligible Olin students are allowed to take one course at a host BBW school per semester. Students taking courses at another school should be careful to follow all academic policies, deadlines, etc. related to the host school. In order to submit a cross-registration request, use the cross-registration portlet under the MyStAR tab at https://my.olin.edu. The StAR Center will work with the host school to facilitate the registration. For a list of offerings at the host schools, see the BBW link section located on the left.
  • rslaw12rslaw12 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi rayrick,
    That was very helpful, thanks.
    How does your daughter travel from school to school?
  • mom2twotallgirlsmom2twotallgirls Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    There is a shuttle bus that travels between Wellesley and Olin. Babson is in walking distance.
  • NoVADad99NoVADad99 Registered User Posts: 2,291 Senior Member
    ^^ You walk out of the building which houses the Olin dining facility, cross the street, and you're on Babson :)
  • OlinAmbassadorOlinAmbassador Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I am a current Olin student and one of our new Admissions Ambassadors! I am very active in the Olin dancing culture and I can tell you that there are plenty of opportunities to dance here. The Olin Dance Project (ODP) is the main dancing group on campus and we typically do blues and some tango. There is also the Babson/Olin/Wellesley Ballroom Dance club, which does both standard and Latin ballroom. There are groups of students who organize nights out in Boston to go to different blues or west coast swing events. In terms of other types of dance, Oliners can audition for the Babson Dance Ensemble. They host a few shows every year and they are awesome to watch! Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out the the Ambassadors with more questions. http://www.olin.edu/content/admission-ambassadors/
This discussion has been closed.