Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sorry, another Resume question

idlaunvaidlaunva Registered User Posts: 419 Member
edited December 2006 in Olin College
How long can it be? How much is too much?
Post edited by idlaunva on

Replies to: Sorry, another Resume question

• spiraloflifespiraloflife Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    I don't believe there's a set limit (though I could be wrong) but resumes are generally 1 page. Mine last year was 2 full pages, but that was really pushing it. My guidance counselor had forced most other students at my school to cut to one page; I really couldn't cut mine down without cutting out a lot of important stuff, but it probably wasn't the best idea.

Basically, keep it short enough not to overwhelm the admissions people with more information than is really necessary, but don't cut out so much that it's not representative.
  • ehiunnoehiunno Registered User Posts: 878 Member
    In the other topic about resumes I believe Allison(OlinAdmission) said that most students could fit their high school activities into one or two pages, so I would say your safe with two but any more than that would kind of be pushing it.

By the way, you could always call or email Allison, she's very nice and will answer all of your questions :)
This discussion has been closed.