Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Admission Notifications

Replies to: Admission Notifications

• DDR_M@St3r[email protected] Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Yay, I'm in!
  • MattBowesMattBowes Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    @beantowngal

Admissions did not make that guarantee, so be careful saying that. I know of one person in my class whose letter was lost in the mail.

Congrats to those accepted! If anyone wants to hear the perspective of an Olin Freshman, my AIM SN is SpaceTycoon1
  • TriskeliongirlTriskeliongirl Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Thanks guys! My son just got the big envelope too!!
  • spiraloflifespiraloflife Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Congrats, everyone :)

-Jessi '10

PS: Feel free to email me (jessi [at] students [dot] olin [dot] edu) or IM me (a2wheeldtricycle) if you ever want to talk about Olin, life, etc.
  • mathwizmathwiz Registered User Posts: 2,355 Senior Member
    Could you try to convince us not to come to Olin? I'd like you watch you utterly fail.... ;)
  • lotsofquestionslotsofquestions Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    My son just received his envelope today too and we're all thrilled! We're in the midst of mud season here in VT and UPS won't deliver, so it involved a phone message from a friend 6 miles away (who lives on a paved road) that he'd gotten a large envelope - no waiting for a truck for us. Congratulations to all the others accepted!
  • beantowngalbeantowngal Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    @beantowngal
    Admissions did not make that guarantee, so be careful saying that. I know of one person in my class whose letter was lost in the mail.

If UPS screws up, it won't arrive on Friday. But it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday since it was UPS Next Day Air Saver shipment.
  • chrisdchrisd Registered User Posts: 497 Member
    Do I take it that those of you who have been accepted plan to attend?

I suspect that is your intent, but I'm wondering. . . .
  • delg4delg4 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm in, too!! Wahooooooooo!!!!!!
  • kelliottkelliott Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Heeeeeey Olin class of 2011, I'm Katherine Elliott, a freshman here who's made a few posts on CC before. If you came to the variety show you saw me dance around with books on my head--I usually do that around the dorms with a laptop, but I didn't want to frighten the general public and give IT a heart attack.

If you (or your parents or relatives) want to ask me any Olin questions, you can just shoot me an email at katherine {dot} elliott at students {dot} olin {dot} edu. You can ask me about student life, academics, bioengineering, oceanography, Photoshop, stage lighting, neo-Classicism or uh... just about anything, really! I also have the AIM screen name fofetothex.

-kelliott
    Hey Katherine! I remember you!!!!!!! I was that weird kid at CW1 with glasses. (Well, I guess we're all weird in some way....) Saturday night at the dorm open house thingy, I asked you how you did it (as you explained stuff about low center of gravity and rigidness and how you attempted to do it with Gatorade in the parking lot and got about 20 ft).

I'm coming next year!!!
    Oh yeah. For the record, you might've seen me at CW also. I was the girl with the rainbow hair- I did Design Build on the first floor.
    Sorry, I was Team O, second floor.

Wait, are you saying you remember me?
    That was a general "you." Sorry if that wasn't clear. Mostly I just wanted to put a person with the email address for anyone who decided to contact me.
    Sorry, I shouldn't post that late at night..... ;)
This discussion has been closed.