Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How do you like Olin?

crazyyakcrazyyak Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
edited January 2008 in Olin College
From melman:

So... how do YOU like Olin? Would [you] do it again?
Post edited by crazyyak on

Replies to: How do you like Olin?

• crazyyakcrazyyak Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    I do like Olin; it was my absolute first choice school. I would choose to do it again, without reservations. I should add that I am someone who, over the last semester, have realized that I do not want to be an engineer. I would recommend Olin to people who aren't sure whether or not they want to go engineering, because of all the other things that Olin stresses. I know I am learning a whole lot in the areas of the 'competencies' that are being addressed beyond simple grades, even though they haven't been incorporated officially into the degrees. I have learned so much about teamwork and solving problems and doing projects and so forth that I might not have learned otherwise.

However, I really want to stress that college is completely what you make of it; there are people at Olin who have not taken to heart all of these lessons, and there are people who have picked it up much, much better than I have. My advice is that wherever you end up, keep an open mind and realize that you can't learn everything in the context of a classroom.

Anyone else?

-Molly '09

PS: Good luck, potential '12ers!
  • brn2bldbrn2bld Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Olin '11 here. Olin was my first choice, too.
    This is definitely where I want to be.
    If you come out to CW, you will get a real feel of what this palce is all about and if it is the right "fit" for you.
This discussion has been closed.