Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

So there's this brown UPS envelope waiting for me when I get home...

2»

Replies to: So there's this brown UPS envelope waiting for me when I get home...

• ohnocollegeappsohnocollegeapps Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    I think that duct tape brochure was the beginning of my serious interest in Olin too... I know I had heard of it before that but I don't really remember from where. Probably my dad had mentioned it to me since he's obsessed with free colleges. But yeah, then the websites, blogs, articles, etc. I just really like the small, community feel, and the general casual attitude (if that's the right way to put it) along with the excellent education.

So do you guys think they'll come on Saturday then? From my google search I gathered that if you pay extra UPS can deliver on Saturday, but otherwise if you overnight something on Friday it won't come until Monday. I'm hoping they'll come even earlier... I just want to know so I can either get super excited or move on with my life. I'm trying really hard to just hope for an invite, not to expect one, because I know Olin is a reach for me. And now is the time where I'm looking back on my application and second guessing everything. Erghhhh.
  • brn2bldbrn2bld Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Last year, I was concerned about the whole "Saturday (non)delivery" possibility. Did that mean that I wouldn't get the envelope until Monday,...and then only if I was invited to CW? I was stressing about what a looong weekend it would be.
    As it turned out, the envelope came ON Friday! BTW, the envelope is about 9x12 and is cardboard.
    Hopefully Olin will send them out FOR delivery on Friday again.
    For those of you that do come to CW, be ready for some fun and see you there!

It's good to see some action here on the Olin Board.
  • kevin63138kevin63138 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
    AHHHH! I'm dieing. It's been so hard *not* to imagine me getting that invite envelope because I have been imagining myself sooo much at Olin and there are just so many great things about it! (grief and support documented here: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/426527-falling-love-college-not-good.html WARNING: Patheticness follows :P) However, I know (I KNOW) that where ever I end up will be good for me. I think college is what you make of it.

As for what drew me to Olin, it wasn't the duct tape brochure. I only got that AFTER I requested info. from Olin. (low PSAT score? Not signing up for the college search service? (or whatever it's called)). I heard about the college first here on CC and then read so must about it, and fell in love (literally)!

So good luck to me (xP) and everyone else! I hope we'll all know by Friday.
2»
This discussion has been closed.