Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Ah! Ah! Ah! Tomorrow!?

kevin63138kevin63138 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
edited February 2008 in Olin College
Okay, so you've seen the email:

"Greetings!

Although we mailed your decisions via various forms of snail mail today, this is just a quick reminder that you will be able to access your admission decision online (https://apply.olin.edu) at 9pm EST on Monday, February 4th.

Please do not contact us regarding your decision prior to that time, as we will simply tell you to check your status online on Monday evening!

Regards,

The Olin College Office of Admission"

Does that mean we'll know tomorrow for sure...If we don't get UPS then it's either a reject/wait list, since they sent it out overnight, right? But there's a lot of snow here in St. Louis so I don;'t know is that affects it! AHHH I'm just so nervous. My stomach...eeughhhh. But hoping for a snow day tomorrow! (We had early dismissal today).
Post edited by kevin63138 on

Replies to: Ah! Ah! Ah! Tomorrow!?

• The SpeakerThe Speaker Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Well, I'm in Ohio which is only a half-day's drive from Boston, so it's pretty darned certain for me. Either way, I'll know tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone!
  • brn2bldbrn2bld Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Good Luck, everyone!
    I hope tomorrow brings a CW invitation for everyone here.
    Last year, getting the CW invitation was more exciting, to me, than all the April 1 acceptances!
    I can still feel the joy just remembering it!
    Hope to see you all here in Needham for CW1 or CW2.
  • ELoraxELorax Registered User Posts: 300 Member
    Sooo nervous... I have never wanted to see our UPS guy this much in my life!
  • siusplausiusplau Registered User Posts: 321 Member
    We had a UPS delivery left at our door today and when my husband brought it in, my son and I just looked at each other with wide eyes...but it was from someone else!! What a tease--I hope the truck is back again--same time tomorrow!
  • beekaybeekay Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Speaker:

Cleveland, which is NE Ohio is over 600 miles to Boston. ;)

Remind me to get off the road the next time you drive there. :D
  • ohnocollegeappsohnocollegeapps Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    Oh fudgemuffin fudgemuffin fudgemuffin.

My dad's going to be home tomorrow... which means that if I do get an invite, he's going to know immediately, and then he'll call my mom, and they'll all be happy together BEFORE I am even done with my Calculus test. This causeth me much annoyance.

Of course it could come later in the afternoon after I'm home, but I'd rather know immediately even if my parents knew before me. I don't really know what time the UPS guy comes... FedEx seems to be more popular around these parts.

Can I just stay home from school tomorrow and sit out on my front lawn all day? Seriously, I am going to be freaking out, all jittery and everything, and I don't want to tell people why because they'll ask the next day if I got in or not, and I'll have to tell them all that I was REJECTED (or whatever) and then there's that awkward moment where their smile fades and they're like "Oh..." and I'm like, "Yeah..." Wahhhhhhhhhh I'm going to go cry.
  • mregomrego Registered User Posts: 1,038 Senior Member
    We have a half day tomorrow, but UPS is known to deliver right up to 7PM. It will be a looong day. On top of that I think I have the flu.
  • The SpeakerThe Speaker Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    beekay: It's only about 13ish hours from where I'm at, that's close enough to a half day.

I hope the nasty weather moving into Ohio overnight doesn't affect things too much!
  • cantaloupecantaloupe Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    This was pretty unexpected for me, I thought they would be mailed out tomorrow for sure! kevin63138, I'm also worried about the snow here in Chicago. I want a snow day too (but then I'll have nothing to keep me distracted while waiting...)
  • pchan406pchan406 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    good luck everybody!!!!

not sure if this helps, but i keep telling myself that at least if i get a rejection i don't find out the same day (april 1st) as the rest of the other 094357397 colleges to which i am applying. So even if you dont get in at olin, you dont have to worry about any additional rejections the same day! (just trying to be optimistic haha)
  • pchan406pchan406 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    oh @ kevin....you said that if you dont get an invite you could still get waitlisted? i thought they only waitlisted ppl they didnt accept after cw? it would be really cool if the former was true tho
  • cantaloupecantaloupe Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    pchan - I looked at a thread from last year and some people were put on a "standby list" for CW, so if some invitees did not accept, then you could get invited off the standby list.
  • ohnocollegeappsohnocollegeapps Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    We don't have snow days in Texas. :-(

Does it scare anyone else that our CW invitations, if they exist, are probably in the air right now?
  • onlyroonlyro Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I live in Canada and I wonder whether it will come tomorrow. Literally I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. The worse thing is that I don't go to school tomorrow so it would be the longest day I will ever have in my life.
  • kevin63138kevin63138 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
    SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!

Oh joy, I get to wait all day for the UPS/lack of UPS delivery truck tomorrow! =/

But do we know for sure that it would get here tomorrow? I know they said "UPS overnight"...Is that what they actually meant...literally overnight?? I don't want all hope to be shot if I don't receive a package tomorrow. It would be a very very long weekend to wait for Monday at 11.

Also, does snow affect UPS? Like, with USPS they deliver rain, sleet or snow. Does UPS have a similar guarantee? AHHHHH SOO NERVOUS!
This discussion has been closed.