Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Online Math Courses

AstroBaerAstroBaer Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Hello,

I'm looking to take some math courses before I enter a masters degree as they are required. Does anyone know of a college that offers all of these online?

Calculus II
Calculus III
Ordinary Differential Equations

Thanks!

Replies to: Online Math Courses

• magicalzack1062magicalzack1062 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    What kind of masters degree is this? If it's for mathematics you should have already taken these. To answer the question, lots of colleges/universities offer Calc 2 and 3. However, I am not so sure about ordinary differential equations.
  • WineBooksAmmoWineBooksAmmo Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    You'll have to search a bit to be sure that you are getting a course that covers the content that you need covered. I have been looking for online math classes myself and found that Oregon State University and Arizona State University both have a pretty good selection of online math classes. They have Calc 2, 3 and differential equations, but the titles are a little different.

Oregon State appears cheaper per credit hour than ASU.
  • Expert2MentorExpert2Mentor Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Broward College offers Calculus II and III, and ODE as 10-12 week courses, entirely online.
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,330 Senior Member
    I would SO NOT want to take Calc II online!!!!!
  • thetransfercoachthetransfercoach Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    Eastern Iowa Community College/the online consortium have those classes.
  • mikel99mikel99 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I was considering taking the Calculus I course through Eastern Iowa Community College, I was wondering if you have taken it or know if it's good.
  • SophleySophley Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    Always try to take math via a community college and transfer it in, if you can. Learning higher level math online is a total bear.