I am a Korean student who is considering to drop out from UCSD.
I am in a very strange situation. I will tell you my situation.
1. As I am a Korean male, I should serve in the military for two years. However, as I have asthma, I can substitute my military duty by working at a Korean company for three years.
2. I worked at startups as a Software Engineer for two years before I go to college. Thanks to that, I came back to Korea and got a job at a decent startup--very descent. I am an SE, but I also do ML stuff here.
3. I finished only one semester at UCSD and came back to Korea to finish my duty in advance.
Therefore, I am thinking to finish my degree on online while I am working in Korea for three years. And I hope to go back to the US as a grad student--hopefully Stanford. I want to study and research about adaptive learning and recommendation system using Deep Learning.
As far as I know, Arizona State Univ's Software Engineering seems to the best choice for me. So I am considering there.
It was my situations, and I have three questions.
1. Is it stupid to drop out from UCSD and attend ASU?
2. Would you drop out if you were in my shoes?
3. Are there any other options that come up your mind?
Thank you for your answer in advance. Your answer will help me a lot.