Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer from community to online?

catsmintscatsmints Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm almost finished with earning my ADT in Psychology, but my living situation will be changing soon and I will be moving out of state. I will also be working full time to support myself, and since this is such a big change from how I currently live, I feel like working and going to school at the same time will be very difficult when I first start out. Am able to transfer my community credits towards a bachelor's degree with an online program like Capella? It would be easier to get my school work done at home during my free time. And a separate but related question, does having an online bachelor's degree ruin my chances of getting into a graduate program?

Replies to: Transfer from community to online?

• kidzncatzkidzncatz Registered User Posts: 769 Member
    Capella is a for-profit institution. If you definitely want an online school, it will be much better to choose a public university. Many of them offer the same tuition rates for instate and out-of-state students if courses are taken entirely online. I can't answer your last question, but in general, in-class degrees are held in higher regard than online degrees. It probably depends to a certain extent on your career goals.
  • Nontrad97Nontrad97 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not sure what state you're in but Sacramento State has a fully online Psychology degree program. It's meant for resuming adult students or those who have stopped college for a time. However they can admit people for other reasons *I think*. You should check it out. I wouldn't bother with Capella. Look for a better online program.