right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What degree

CspradleyCspradley 1 replies1 threads New Member
So I am middle aged adult looking into going back to school. I need help figureing out what degree would be best for me. I love computers. I love making spreadsheets, brochures, word documents, presentations and invitations. I'm the person my office goes to to fix their computers or documents. What degree direction should I lean towards?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What degree

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15787 replies1056 threads Senior Member
    Do you already have a bachelor's degree in a field other than computers? If so many colleges offer master's degrees in computer science for such students. For example Northeastern:
    https://align.khoury.northeastern.edu/

If you do not have a bachelor's degree you could start studying computer science at a community college.
    · Reply · Share
  • CspradleyCspradley 1 replies1 threads New Member
    I have no degree. I have 43 credit hours from 15years ago. I dropped out of college. I can only promote 2 more spots in my current office job and they don't make much more than I do. I want to make more money so I figured going back to school would be my only option.
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15787 replies1056 threads Senior Member
    Many universities offer degree completion programs for students who have a lot of old credits like you do. They will evaluate those and your "life experience". since then. Most such programs can be completed in 2 years or less full time equivalent. You would major in CS.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity