Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Some Questions Regarding Textbooks for Fashion Majors

kayleebakayleeba Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm actually an English major, but I've been working for a start-up clothing line and will be going to Hong Kong next month to meet potential manufacturers. My employer has asked me to learn all I can about clothing -- how to recognize quality garments, fabric, seams, stitching, etc. (really everything you could possibly know in order to explain what clothing we're looking for and to recognize whether or not a manufacturer's samples are high-quality). I really don't know anything about this and there is no fashion major at my school, so I don't know who to ask. Does anyone have any suggestions of books I could buy/resources I could find to teach me the basics of textiles/cut and sew? At this point, I don't really know anything at all and think I could really benefit from kind of a Fashion 101 book.
This discussion has been closed.