Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

what college for this major

idonteatsushiidonteatsushi Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
edited September 2013 in Other College Majors
hi guys,
i'm interested in majoring in Environmental Studies.
i made a list of around 10 colleges but i wanted to know some more colleges that specialize in this. can someone please help me out?
thanks
Post edited by idonteatsushi on

Replies to: what college for this major

• peekygrlpeekygrl Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    ashford and yale are some more
  • zapfinozapfino Registered User Posts: 2,835 Senior Member
    Solid environmental studies programs are widespread. A lot depends on what schools will admit you, what schools you can afford, and what schools are a good personal fit for you.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 34,907 Senior Member
    Whitman is strong, and has lots of dual major/certification options with environmental studies and science as well.
  • jbrynsvoldjbrynsvold Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    Columbia College in Missouri has a growing Environmental Sciences program that is being enhanced with the recent opening of a new science center on campus. It's got state-of-the-art technology and world-class professors teaching small classes so you can get personal attention. You will feel like you have joined a big family if you come to Columbia College! Check out more info here!
  • IDMom2015IDMom2015 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    Not sure where you are from...but check out your state university system first. If StateU does not offer the major - you may find that a private university in your state also has programs open to state residents as a State College program. For example - Syracuse U has School of Environmental Science & Forestry which is considered part of Statue Universities of NY system.
This discussion has been closed.